Technical Grant and Apprenticeships
This grant fund is intended to support any technical activity that enhances Te Ātiawatanga and/or the social, cultural, spiritual or physical prosperity and wellbeing of Te Ātiawa o Te Waka-a-Māui people. You can apply for this grant during any of the quarterly Grant Rounds.
The second grant round for the current fiscal year (FY2023-24) closed on October 29, 2023. Keep an eye out for Round 3 opening in early 2024.
Are you eligible for this grant?
- To be eligible you must be a registered member of Te Ātiawa o Te Waka-a-Māui (and/or Te Ātiawa Manawhenua Ki Te Tau Ihu Trust).
- Priority will be given to applicants who are applying for the following categories:
- Skipper Restricted Limits (Skipper’s Ticket)
- Motor Mechanic or other trade
How much can you apply for?
Individuals can apply for up to $300.00.
Other things you need to know
- Te Ātiawa o Te Waka-a-Māui Trust has a set pool of funds to dispense each funding round, and grants are allocated as they are received. Once the fund is all allocated for that particular grant round, no further grants will be available until the next round.
- Grant monies must be used for the event applied for. Failure to do so could result in Te Ātiawa o Te Waka-a-Māui Trust requesting that Grant monies be returned.
- Applications must be for expenses to attend a planned and confirmed event in the future (retrospective applications will not be considered).
- The information you provide in your application will be held by the Trust and may be used for statistical purposes.
- All decisions on funding are made by the Trust, are final, and will not be subject to correspondence entered into regarding decisions made.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your grant via email.
- Only one application per person per grant, per financial year can be made.
What you need to apply
You will need to provide:
- A letter of support from an employer or organisation
- Evidence of any relevant prior success in the chosen category (eg, Day Skipper Course)
- A copy of a pānui, flyer or other evidence that provides information about the course or trade.
- Evidence of acceptance to participate in the course to be undertaken.
- Evidence of potential costs involved (travel, fees etc)
- Advise if the grant is to be paid to the applicant, or to the provider of any training course.
Applications should be completed using the prescribed online form. If you need help with the application form, please give us a call on 0800 284 292 or email us at email@example.com
Please note that incomplete forms will not be considered.