Posted on 5 July, 2022
* Archived - This notice has expired and is published for archival purposes only.
The Tasman District Council is calling for expressions of interest from students who are interested in working for the Council over the summer period, from mid-November to mid-February.
With nearly 400 employees, we have the structure and processes of a large organisation, but the culture and feel of a smaller one. Working here you get the best of both worlds.
We are a great organisation to work for, passionate about what we do, and full of people who want to make a positive difference to the Tasman community. Working here, you'll get the opportunity to network and work with nationally and internationally recognised leaders in many different professions. You'll also have the opportunity to gain work experience in the field you're studying in.
Consideration for a Summer Student placement will be given to students who:
- Are available to work throughout the entire employment period (note: most roles will not be required to work over the Christmas/NY period);
- Are physically fit and have a current full drivers licence (preferably for a manual vehicle);
- Have completed at least one year of tertiary study;
- Are studying for a qualification relevant to Council such as environmental science, environmental policy, planning, applied sciences or engineering; and
- Are from the Nelson / Tasman region.
This year we have vacancies in Engineering Services, Environmental Policy, Environmental Information (Hydrology, Resource Science and Biosecurity) Finance, Information Services and Regulatory (Compliance Monitoring and Harbourmaster).
If you wish to apply, you'll need to complete the online application form and attach copies of your cover letter detailing the area of study being undertaken, and current CV. So have those prepared in advance to make things easier - saved as a PDF is best.
Successful applicants will be notified by phone by 19th August 2022.
Applications Close: Saturday 30th July 2022